Saturday, December 29, 2018

Going back to my roots

It's been about 12 years since I last had my natural hair color. I think Julius was two-years old, or almost two-years old, when I first dyed it red. The reason was because of lack of sleep.

My son was a terrible sleeper and I was always looking so tired. With my pale skin and dark hair, every day at least a handful of people would ask "are you okay?" "what's wrong?" "are you sick?" "you look tired." And no amount of make up would help. so I decided to lighten my hair color and the results were immediate.

After that, I just enjoyed being a red head. Then I went brown. Then burgundy. I tried a bunch of different shades of red for years...and then almost two years ago I took the plunge and went purple. It was so much fun. For about two years I tried new, bright and wild colors that I had always wanted but never had the courage to try. Color Splat saved the day with their easy to use product and amazing results.

Then I decided to go blonde and that was a challenge (as you can read in my previous posts). When September came around I decided to go for my fall color: reddish brown. But the past bleach in my hair kept causing the color to fade early.

So today, as I stood in front of the hair color aisle, my husband asked me if I was ever planning to go back to my original hair color. Hmm. There was a thought. It would certainly save on buying hair dye every time my roots would start growing in.

No time to dwell. When it comes to hair choices I often decide on impulse. It makes for happier moments in my opinion. I grabbed L'oreal Paris Multi-Faceted Feria: Bright Black and took the boxes (I need two for my thick hair) and (obviously paid for them) went home.


The funny thing is, I bought Bright Black, and yet my hair had other plans. It usually does.

so it's more of a brown-gold-black-blue color thing going on.

It's always an adventure when playing around with my hair!

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...