Tuesday, May 08, 2007

is it really only Tuesday?

this has been the slowest week ever. How can it only be Tuesday? I'm flabbergasted. It's not like I'm dragging my feet or anything... I've been busy; I've been productive... so what the hell? LOL I can't believe it's only Tuesday.

...I've been busy; I've been productive... so what the hell?



There is so much construction going on right now. Every road I take has either a lane closed or there's a detour, or it's just incredibly slow to drive on because of all the construction trucks everywhere.

This county is over-populated. I just can't get over how many people keep moving in. New homes, townhomes and apartments are constantly being built: and the prices are just ridiculous! But people keep buying and therefore more trees are being cut down, more pollution is being brought out into our air... it's just crazy. And though I don't live in California, this article really hit home: 'Pollution from diesel construction equipment has been taking a heavy toll on the health and economic well-being of California residents. The equipments contribute to particulate and ozone pollution that can cause severe cardiovascular and respiratory illnesses, asthma attacks, acute bronchitis, and even premature death. Lagging emission standards and very old equipment have made construction equipment one of the largest sources of toxic diesel particulate matter pollution in the state, necessitating an accelerated cleanup program to protect the health of all Californians.' (The Health Risks of Construction Pollution in California: http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/california_driving/digging-up-trouble.html)

I try to do my part for the environment, and then I see all these construction trucks and the dust, noise, etc. ... it's just so frustrating.

So anyways, thank you, Gillian, for showing me Madarian Design. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that site!

2 comments:

GillianIvy said...

I got the feed, so now I'll see when you post. The blog looks good, see you got the pullquotes. You can edit opacity, colors, font, and positions of it. If you need any tips, let me know. Mandarin has a list of all colors also, if you want to look what colors you can use. Loves, and Happy Mother's Day weekend to you!

just_me said...

thanks, Gillian! I hope you had a great mother's day weekend too!

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...