Tuesday, August 21, 2007

night terrors

When I was a little girl, I used to have nightmares and night terrors. As I got older, they decreased, but I still get them from time to time.

Last night I had one. Since I remember it, I guess it would be a nightmare and not a terror,... it was awful! I don't remember all of it...but what I do remember was that there was a monster.

I had to spend the night somewhere...and there was someone with me, but I can't remember who... and I think we fell asleep... or were about to fall asleep... when someone runs by and announces that the number to keep the monster away is two.

And then it gets really dark and cold, and then I suddenly feel something sharp scraping against my neck. So I quickly put my hand on my neck and I'm gasping out the number two between breath because I suddenly can't breathe very well, and the person next to me is grabbing onto me for dear life and we're both screaming "two!" and trying to breath quickly before shouting out the number again, and the teeth are so sharp and I suddenly feel sharp nails on my back and I feel my skin being ripped open and suddenly...

I hear Josh shouting for me to wake up because I'm screaming and thrashing around in the bed.

I open my eyes and I don't remember much of what happened immediately afterwards, but I remember that Julius was sitting on the bed just staring at me, and then he asked, "Did you have a bad dream, Mommy?"

And I said, "Yes, I did."

And then Julius gave me hug and said, "It's okay now, Mommy."

And I don't think anything could have made me feel better than his sweet hug.

And thinking back, I just have to sit back and watch my little boy in awe. What an awesome kid.

2 comments:

GillianIvy said...

Don't worry Julius will keep you safe from the monsters... What a sweetie!

Creepy dream. I had something strange, I'm not sure if I was dreaming. I'm pretty sure I was awake.

I had just woken up. We were living in TX at the time. I felt a pressure across my neck and chest and across my face. Something invisible came across and distorted my vision. I felt a pulling, sort of a wrenching as though something were trying to drag my soul deep into darkness. That's the only way I know how to describe it. I could barely breathe. I slurred out the words "Let go of me", the sound of my voice was like slow mo and strange to me. Immediately the pressure was gone and I was released and everything was normal.

My boyfriend lay sleeping soundly and unawares next to me. I was certain that was what had awoken me. I was certain I was not dreaming. Never before had I felt closer to death. I was pretty shaken up. Was it a dream? It seemed so real....

just_me said...

wow. that is pretty freaky!!!!

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...