Thursday, June 03, 2010

Always be your own advocate

Always be an advocate:
not only for your self,
but for your children.

It's amazing how many people will take the easy road when they think you don't know the information.

It's amazing how many people will contradict themselves when they realize you know your shit.

And sadly, it's amazing how many people just let it all happen.

I'm not one of those people.

Sure, I go with the flow with a lot of things, but not when it comes to my family.

Not when it comes to my children.

And if I become "THAT parent," you know the one I'm talking about... so be it.

I will rather be "THAT parent" that nags and nudges and demands, than "THAT OTHER parent" that lets everyone else run the show.

And it's sad that even with my best intentions and all my resources and all my knowledge.... I'm still going to end up paying out of pocket for something that should be free because there are some PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO DO THEIR JOB, WELL.

Comprehensive should mean comprehensive.

** eye roll **

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...