Thursday, June 28, 2007

stitch

it's been almost two weeks since I've had my lil' surgery. I'm feeling good. Sure I'm sore every night because I refuse to rest unless absolutely necessary, but I'm doing well... much better than my past five months of pain.

I've been told I have endometriosis. Surprisingly, there are so many myths surrounding this label. It seems to be quite an enigma to many people. And then there are others in the 'these women are just hysterical and weak' camp and therefore don't believe that the pain is actually real, or that if it is real, isn't as terrible as their patients claim. In other words, the medical field has an overwhelming amount of assholes working within them.

Endometriosis isn't an 'infertility' thing. Though many people do have fertility problems.. that's usually not the reason a woman goes to the doctor for. The woman goes to the doctor because she's in pain that doesn't seem to end. Funny that most people only know the label as "oh, so you can't get pregnant?"

One thing I've really been focusing on is alternative treatments...because being cut open (no matter how small the incisions are) fucking hurts. And though the pain is different than the chronic 5 months duration of pain I had previous...I wouldn't wish the new kind of pain of anyone either. Pain is bad. Very bad.

So I'm looking into acupuncture as well as an "alkaline" type diet that will promote a healthy chemical balance.

If anyone reading this knows someone with endometriosis, I really suggest they visit the Endometriosis Association website. It's very informative.

1 comment:

GillianIvy said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. Surgery sucks, I hope you never have to go through another. I hope you're doing well, hun.

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...