Friday, July 09, 2010

rambling cobblestone moi

Sometimes my husband can be absolutely spontaneous. I love when he gets that way... he's all happy and goofy: it makes me smile and I suddenly feel like a kid being told I can buy as much candy as I want at the candy store.

It's such a stress-free and relaxing feeling.

In any case, today was one of these days. I was chatting on the phone with him while driving to a home-visit (because I drive better when I'm multi-tasking LOL) and he surprises me by saying "Let's drive to the beach tomorrow."

I was so surprised that I missed my turn. Thankfully, we have this thing called "3-point turns", so it was all okay.

So now Josh and Julius are at the movies and I have the task of... packing.

I'm not a fan of packing, but I know that if I don't do it (and let Josh do it) he'll forget half of everything we need.

No offense to him. I just know him well enough to do all the packing myself.

So once Isabella went to sleep, I decided to set the clothing out on the bed... and then I came to a horrible realization.

Well, two horrible realizations actually.

1. I cannot find Julius' bathing trunks ANYWHERE. Now the kid has TWO trunks and both are gone. GONE! I checked the hamper, I checked the bathroom floor, I even checked the guest bathroom's tub... I checked the laundry room, under the beds, in the beds, in the closets... where did it go?

And then I came to another horrible and quite BIZARRE realization.

2. I have 3 bikini tops, one tankini top... and no bottoms. Where the hell did the bottoms go?! Again, I checked the hamper, I checked the bathroom floor, I even checked the guest bathroom's tub... I checked the laundry room, under the beds, in the beds, in the closets... where did it go?

I have Isabella's bathing suit.. two of them. I have Josh's trunks. I have extra clothing... the towels are in the washing machine...

but how can we go without all the attire?

Must we really stop by Target on the way to the beach?

Well, if you insist.

In other news this heat has been DISGUSTING. I have to catch my breath just going to my car in a parking lot. It's insane. Ugh. Of course I then remember complaining about all the snow and the cold and the snow and the snow and the snow and the snow and the snow from last winter... so maybe this is payback for all the bitching we all did?

No one said "Payback" was nice.

I heard it might rain tomorrow. Yes, I'm back on the 'beach topic,' Try to keep up, okay? And that is truly bumming me out because all of Josh's spontaneity would have been for nothing. And then what? What will we do on a rainy Saturday?

I still say we should go to Target though *GRIN*

I really like that store :)

2 comments:

GillianIvy said...

Perhaps in a suitcase or overnight bag which was brought to the beach/pool the last time?

Good luck with all that ;D

just_me said...

Unfortunately, it rained. Ugh! So we drove to DC hoping to visit some museums, but we forgot about the Fringe Festival, Folk Festival and about a dozen or so protests going on that morning... so there was absolutely NO PARKING. So we drove to VA (I hate Virgina) to see the Air & Space Museum there (it's smaller than the DC one, but has an observation deck so we can watch the planes take off from Dulles) and then came home for a relaxing afternoon where Julius decided to make a movie about Dr. Fate and I was his camera-girl :)

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...