Wednesday, July 21, 2010

good news

In March, when I had my first echocardiogram, my heart function was 30-35%
Then, in May, after taking beta blockers to control my PAC, I had an angiogram that showed an improved heart function of 40%

Last week, I had my second echocardiogram... about/almost six months since my diagnosis of cardiomyopathy.

Good news: My heart function has not decreased.

My heart function is still at 40% which is really good news. It seems the first six months are critical, and considering that my function didn't deteriorate shows that everything is stable.

The cardiologist increased my beta blocker dosage since I'm still having PACs.

But another echocardiogram isn't considered to be necessary for another year.

Seems that 40% heart function is where I'm going to be.

Not too bad.

Better than 30%

And today I was definitely grateful for that 40% function because if it were any less, I would never have been able to carry three boxes into my car and drive them TO MY NEW OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23rd, baby!! I can't wait to start my new job :)

2 comments:

GillianIvy said...

That is such a relief to hear, but still so scary. You're so strong and brave. I'd be in pieces with worry. Mortality reminders.

Guess there's a lot of change for you to be wary of the strenuous physical activities. How was Catoctin? Did that cause you any strain? It looked like you had a lot of fun. You have such a wonderful family.

Guess what! I sent out your artwork today! Let me know when it arrives. I'll send you a message via Facebook, in case you don't check your comments regularly. I have mine all set to e-mail me.

Loves!

just_me said...

Since I know my limitations, I can take it easy. For example, at Catoctin, I stayed in the car most of the time. The walks were short, we took lots of breaks... I could blame it all on Isabella for Julius' sake LOL

Oh I can not wait to see it! I am so happy that I won LOL!!!!!!!!! I will let you know when it arrives: SQUEE!!

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...