Friday, August 06, 2010

sweet summer

Summer is slowly winding down. The days are hot and humid. It's raining a lot: it's as if the season knows it's coming to an end and is hitting us with all she's got before the fall.

I love the fall. The changing leaves and the crisp air always makes me happy. Spring is my second favorite season because of the daffodils. I can't stop smiling when I drive down a road with daffodils lining by the side streets.

I used to love winter. But I think the last snow storm made me a bit sick of the snow LOL

Things are well at home. The kids are happy, which is always important.



I start my new job in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited. Change can be scary, but it's also a somewhat fresh start and I can't wait to jump in with both feet.

Health is the same. I need to call the cardiologist and ask some more questions. Sometimes I think his carefree nature is more of an avoidance, which is generally fine since I like to go with the flow... but then when I start thinking of questions at night, I get annoyed because these are things I SHOULD already know, but don't. But the answer is just a phone call away, so I'll call on Monday.

Tomorrow we're having our family portraits taken. Of course I end up smacking my head against a closet railing as I rummaged for a matching set of shoes... and now I have a painful bruise and bump on my forehead. It reminds me of when my father broke his nose the night before my wedding.

Nothing to stress about, only laugh.

I should plug in my scanner and scan a picture of it.

Well, I suppose I'm done rambling for one evening.

G'night!

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...