Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30, 2006

Early this morning, Julius and I began putting away the Christmas decorations before Josh came down the stairs. Josh was bit more than surprised, but I told him it had to be done. Better to do it now and spend this weekend together doing whatever we wanted without the gloom of having to clean up and put the decorations away at a later date.

And once everything was cleaned and stored away, I could breath a little easier. It was then that I realized that even though Christmas is my favorite time of year... it's exhausting!! I was actually happy that it was over and we could start the new year fresh.

I was tired of hosting parties and going to parties and shopping (yes, shopping.) and dealing with the emotional stress of life in general. I just wanted to relax and do nothing but spend time with my husband and son. And I also knew how important that would be for Josh as well. He has been working such late hours and has been so tired this week...

So now it looks like we're hosting a New Years Eve dinner. How the hell did that happen? (cue scream now)

LATER THAT AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING:
So I'm really excited about hosting dinner tomorrow! I know, what can I say? As tired as I am, I'm excited. :)
I'm planning to make a risotto and stuffed zucchinis. Josh is going to barbecue steaks and we also picked up some fresh shrimp. Being the vegetarian in the family, I had to make sure we had plenty of non-meat items... so we did a lot of shopping. Oh, and wine! I love wine. I wanted Kahlua, but it turns out that not many places sell it because it's a liqueur. Drat. LOL
Happy Holidays!



No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...