Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 3- morning

This isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I have already learned that I need to eat more than what I am used to. For example, in the past, I was fine eating three meals and occasionally have a snack or two during the day.

Last night, I started feeling light headed and uber-cranky about an hour after dinner. I realized I really wasn't having that many calories and needed to up the ante.

I went online and found some fantastic recipes on primalpalate.com ...I just skipped over all the meat, nuts and fish dishes because those are things I don't eat.

I did notice that some dishes had dairy in it (cheese). That confused me because I didn't think dairy was allowed in a paleo diet. So I guess once in awhile, it won't hurt. A friend of mine gave me a paleo recipe for a carrot cake which has "primal cream cheese," which contains dairy. So I think I will introduce little bits of dairy later in my 30 day plan.

This morning, as I sipped my apple cider, I also noticed how different my husband and I grocery shop. Yesterday he went to the store and came home with one banana, two peaches and a ton of carbs and dairy products.

When I shop, I bring back a lot more fruits and vegetables, but I also have been heavy with carbs. Carbs and dairy have been such a staple in my family!

So I think I need to plan more ahead on things to buy for my meals. I already found a bunch of recipes...but I don't have anything in the house to make them except eggs.

It wouldn't be unusual for me to skip breakfast, but given how much more I need to start eating, I think breakfast is going to be as important as everyone says it is.

Breakfast: apple cider and....????

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...