Friday, September 13, 2013

Paleo vegetarian

I've been a vegetarian since I was 17 years old. Once Julius was born, and we discovered he was allergic to legumes, my protein shifted...and then I became allergic to nuts...and my protein intake shifted again...and I started eating a lot more carbs and dairy... and at first, everything was going great...until I turned 33. Then suddenly I started gaining weight!

So I decided to do some research and discovered the paleo diet! I wasn't sure I could do it, being a vegetarian and all, but turns out there are paleo-vegans out there!

Day 1
Breakfast: fruit salad
Lunch: avocado
Dinner: garden salad

I drank a ton of lime water, and didn't feel tired.

Day 2
Breakfast: fruit salad
Lunch: avocado chop salad
Dinner: vegetable omelet

I feel fine, though my husband and co-worker have commented that I have been a bit short with them.

I am really proud of myself and I am learning about so many fantastic recipes! :)

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...