Monday, July 30, 2018

Back in the states

We had the absolute best time in Mont Tremblant, Quebec last week. It has always been my favorite vacation spot, so I was thrilled to be returning after seven years.


The kids had the best time. They kayaked, paddle boarded, swam in a freshwater lake, and tried a variety of new foods. It was awesome.


With my son's life threatening allergies (peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, legumes), and my daughter's dairy restrictions (and allergy to bananas, pineapple and latex) it's always a bit stressful when we go someplace new. But with a supportive family, it can be done.


My husband's uncle, is an incredible cook. Everything he creates tastes like a bit of heaven. I will forever be grateful and thankful for him in our lives, not only for his sincere kindness, humor and genuine, welcoming behavior, but also for making an effort to make sure my children felt included when it came time to meals. Not many people have the patience and skill to plan a dinner for a family with food restrictions and allergies, but he took on the challenge and won. I highly recommend checking out his page, as it has quite a few recipes and talks about his love of cooking and life. Trailside Larder Honestly, he inspires me to continue trying new recipes.

1 comment:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Yay!
yoo RITE!!
Gotta lotta
exceedingly
exquisite,
extraordinary
extravaganza
exponential
exactly.
Wannum?

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...