Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Blue out

Day 1 can be found here: Day 1 http://julieta-blog.blogspot.com/2018/07/changing-colors-ie-memoir-of-removing.html

The saga continues.

Day 2:

After Color Oops transitioned my hair from blue to green, I decided to try eliminating the green through the magic of Dawn Dish Soap & Baking Soda.

The mixture consisted of Dawn, baking soda, regular shampoo and a few drops of tea tree oil. Once I covered my green hair with it, I covered it in plastic and waited 20 minutes.

The results? Absolutely nothing. It was a complete waste of time.

So after that, I decided to pick up some bleach. I mean, at this point, why the hell not? It's already green. So I used a paintbrush and painted my green strands with the bleach. After twenty minutes, I took a shower, washed the bleach out with regular shampoo and conditioner, and then checked out the results:


Boom. Much better. There were still some light green strands, but the majority was a light brown or blonde. So now it was time to do something with the top of my hair. My roots were pathetic.

Using Feria's hi-lift blonde, I coated the top of my head first and, after ten minutes, added the dye to the rest of my hair. Twenty more minutes later, it was time to wash it all out and check out the results:


It's getting there. My final step was using the left over bleach powder I had. I ran my fingers through my hair from my roots downward with the bleach in hopes of lightning it up a bit more. 10 minutes later, I washed it out, conditioned the hell out of it, blow dried it, and checked out the results.


Honestly, I think this is as blonde as it is going to yet without going to a professional. But I like it! It isn't my original plan of being a platinum blonde, but it's a fun summer 'do and that's really what it's all about :)

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...