Sunday, August 19, 2018

Wading.

Life is not easy. Anyone who says life is easy, is clearly lying to you. It does not get easier either. It may baseline, pause or coast for short bursts of time, but the mountains will continue to get higher, and you will continue to stumble.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. But it also makes you tired.


I often tell myself that life isn't worth the negative energy that drags us down. I often tell myself to "keep on swimming" and to just "go with the flow." But sometimes I get tired. Yesterday, I was tired. Today, I am tired.

I am tired of all the bullshit. I am tired of all the greed. I am tired of selfish assholes who don't give a damn about anything or anyone but themselves. I am tired of being tired.

So I take hot showers. I take naps. I read books. I avoid twitter, and the news. I avoid my phone. I avoid people. I turn off the world. I breathe in. And I breathe out. That's all I can do.

And that's okay. Because even though I can make amazing arguments on why it's important to keep moving forward at all times, I also know that for my sanity, it's okay to stop for a bit and just cry.


Every day is different. Tomorrow won't be today, and yesterday is already done. I don't have to do it again. So I guess I am still pushing forward, even if it feels like I'm not. I'm still breathing. I'm still here. That means something.

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...