Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A new day

As the summer ends and the school year is about to begin, I find myself enjoying just watching my kids. They are both at such incredible ages.

My 14-year old is at that fascinating stage of wanting to be more independent, while constantly making sure he has that safety net to fall back on whenever he needs it. My husband and I are always there for him, and I love sitting back and just watching him explore the world with his now older eyes.


My 9-year old is in a funny stage. She is in between baby and tween. She loves the cuddles and the hugs, but is careful with whom she accepts in her arms. She is more aware of life, and understands that everything has an end. It's sad to see that innocence disappearing, but it's also worthwhile because I know that her compassion will always stay with her.


And then, of course, there's these two troublemakers! They are certainly keeping me busy!!!!

Happy start of the school year/back to the grind, everyone! What do you do to help prepare for the new school year?

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...