Friday, July 27, 2007

Berry Fun

Today we went berry picking! I've never been berry picking before, so I was pretty excited about the thought. Julius and I had a great time. The rasberries weren't ripe, so we picked blackberries and blueberries instead...and I realized something. Not only had Julius never eated a blackberry or blueberry before...but I never had a blackberry before either!And quite honestly, I don't think I ever tried a blueberry either. Something or someone told me once that I didn't like them, so I avoided them. Well let me tell you... THEY ARE YUMMY!!! I think I prefer blackberries though. Julius liked them better too.

Oh he was so cute! This boy was covered in berry juice. He gobbled so many berries up! I never had offered him any berries before because the child hates strawberries, and Josh is allergic to black cherries... so I thought, with all the allergies my son has, let's try to avoid the berries for awhile But then my friend Nicole told me that black cherries were in a totally different category than berries, so I went ahead and drove over to the orchard and we HAD SO MUCH FUN!

I wish my camera was working. There would have been some great pics.

3 comments:

amy rubin flett said...

that's so wonderful, julieta! what a fun excursion. and we have a small blueberry bush and TONS of blackberries in our yard... now i know what to use as bait to lure you guys down here... :)

GillianIvy said...

I was going to suggest if you have a big enough yard to put in some bushes. Blackberry, boysenberry and raspberry. Get a mature bush, two years old and thornless so you don't get poked. Check for sweet varieties.

just_me said...

Oooh, Amy, Julius will be in your backyard often then! LOL
Gillian, that's a good idea! I'll have to look into it. Blackberries are sooo good`:)

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...