Wednesday, March 18, 2020

and on the third day...


Isabella woke up congested and with a headache. I wasn't sure how much we would do today in regards to schooling, but part of this relaxed version of home schooling means letting your child guide the length of studies. I cancelled P.E. because I felt she needed to rest. I even suggested we attempt "school" after lunch instead of after breakfast. Isabella insisted she was fine to start in the morning, so I began the day sharing a fun YouTube video on photosynthesis. After the video, Isabella completed a worksheet, then explained the process to me. Afterwards, she completed a fun crossword puzzle using the new vocabulary words she had learned, and at the end of our science segment, we planted strawberry seeds and set the pot by a window.

Spanish is always fun. I make sure to keep it animated with songs and games. For the brain break, we watched an adorable video of a parrot playing with a napkin instead of the usual movement activities (GoNoodle on YouTube has excellent movement based brain break videos for your child to do).

Isabella's favorite subject is math, so though I had wanted to keep it brief, she insisted on going above and beyond. Eventually, I had to give her a 2-minute warning that "math" was ending, and after a quick snack, we moved on to Art. Again, the internet provides a wealth of information, especially allowing visual tours of museums and exhibits. It's hard to go out when the world is practicing social distancing to stay healthy!

We are currently near the end of our school day. I've introduced "City of Ember" for Isabella's English curriculum. Afterwards, we'll have lunch and indoor recess. If she's up for it, we will end our day with Social Studies, where we will finish up the map of the C & O canal.


Tomorrow, I'll put Health and Music back on the schedule, and we will consider P.E. depending on how she feels. I am really happy with how our homeschooling is going. I hope those who are reading this, arelearning and taking some ideas as well.

Best Wishes!

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...