Monday, March 23, 2020

Studying cells


Today we focused on science: specifically, on the structure of cells. I started the morning by doing something a bit different. I turned on the tv and served breakfast on the sofa. Isabella ate while watching 'Bill Nye The Science Guy: Cells.' Once she was done, we moved into the dining room to work on drawing an animal cell and a plant cell. I used handouts from Ecosystem for Kids to help visualize cells, and talk more in-depth about the functions of each part.

Afterwards, I shared a short video of a young scholar demonstrating an activity using Jell-O and vegetables to help understand the structure of cell. Let's Make Jello Cell Models


It was a fun activity to do, and I think Isabella had a deeper understand of cell structure once it was completed.


No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...