Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wednesday July 26, 2006

I am so annoyed. We decided to go to the fairgrounds for their 'kids day'. They promised rides, food, prizes and fun.
Whatever.
Not only was I not allowed to go on any of the kid rides with my son (who is not EVEN TWO yet!!...so he obviously did not ride in any of the rides...and these rides were dinky little 'sit in the car and let's go around the track at 2 mph...I mean, come on!! The car, the train, the plane...they wouldn't let me on any of them...and the most INSANE thing was that some parents were letting their two year olds ride them..I mean, my GOD! What if they tried to reach down and touch the track? What if they got scared and began to cry? I mean, come on...these are toddlers!), but when I asked what kind of oil the food was cooked in, they said peanuts.
Peanuts?!?!?!
I know peanut oil is cheap...but with so many more people being allergic to peanuts, why must a "kid-friendly' fair choose peanuts as their oil of choice?!?! What about vegetable oil? Olive oil? Hey, I know, how about no oil?
Camden Yards...peanut oil. No peanut free section. Nope. Kids with peanut allergies must watch baseball games on television.
Yes peanut oil is cheaper...but let me take a capitalist approach here... if you use a non-peanut oil, more people will be able to buy your food...thus, a profit could be in their future. Dumb asses.
So, no. We did not have fun at their stupid kids day.

No comments:

International Nights

It's been nine weeks in lockdown and we were getting tired of the same food...the kids wanted something different. So thanks to Google E...